enagas has agreed with the Swiss Axpo the purchase of 4% of the gas pipeline Transadriatico (TAP) for an amount of 168 million euros, with which the gas company, which already owns 16%, raises its total participation in this infrastructure to 20%, as reported by the company on Friday.
The group has highlighted that with this operation it reinforces the fulfillment of its objective of contributing to strengthening the security of energy supply and decarbonisation in Europe, as announced in the presentation of its 2022-2030 strategic plan. After the closing of this transaction, enagas will have 20% in TAP, the same percentage as the British BP, the Azeri SOCAR, the Italian Snam and the Belgian Fluxys. The latter has also reached this percentage after an acquisition agreement of 1% to Axpo.
With these two purchase operations at Axpo by enagas (4%) and Fluxys (1%), the Spanish company has stressed that the role of European operators in this strategic infrastructure for the European Union, “Which facilitates progress in its security of supply and decarbonization objectives,” he added. the pipeline Transadriatico It is an infrastructure of 878 kilometers in length, which runsand Greece, Albania, the adriatic sea e Italia. It is the European section of the ‘Southern Gas Corridor’ and transports natural gas from Azerbaijan to Italy, Greece and Bulgaria.
Since the start of its commercial operations in November 2020, this infrastructure has had 100% availability and has transported 18 bcm of natural gas to Europe. TAP is included in the map of the ‘European Hydrogen Backbone’, an initiative that involves 31 European operators from 28 European countries that promote a future hydrogen network in the EU, and could be adapted for the transport of green hydrogen, joining the production points and consumption along its route, thus contributing to the decarbonisation objectives of Europa. enagas has specified that the operation to purchase 4% of the gas pipeline Transadriatico is subject to compliance with the usual conditions precedent with respect to this type of operation.
Leave a Reply