If you have an outing and don’t know how to complete your look with some striking accessory, a button brooch could be an interesting option. It is not only cheap, but also fully customizable. You only need to know the steps to make a button brooch and what materials are used.
To have this complement ready in a few minutes and be able to use it in your next event, you will need elements such as the buttons themselves, a glue gun and a clasp closure or a safety pin. Whenever you want to give it a more professional look, make sure you also have beads and felt.
Make a brooch with buttons step by step
Materials to make a button brooch
- Glue gun
- Close of a blowjob or unmissable
- Pair of scissors
Steps to make a button brooch
- The first step to make this fun craft is look for the buttons that we like the most.
- We save the most striking buttons for the center and the most common to put them around the brooch.
- We prepare the base and give it the shape that we like best
- We cut this shape in the felt to serve as a base.
- With the list base we are going to paste the buttons with the glue gun.
- Wait for the glue to dry and sew or we glue the metal closure of the brooch, we can put a safety pin in its place.
The first thing is to have buttons that match the dress or coat that you are going to wear and of similar colors.
Once you evaluate the alternatives and choose a few, think about how you are going to compose the brooch according to those tones, since the ideal is to go from the darkest to the lightest, or vice versa, following a logic.
Cut the felt according to the shape you want the brooch to have, such as heart or circle Better a neutral color so that it does not attract too much attention. And hit the buttons on it with the gun.
If you think it’s okay, you can leave the brooch like that, but we recommend adding some beads to it.
Also glued with the gun, once everything dries you must glue or sew the metal closure of the brooch. Other solution, especially if you have little time to keep waiting, is to put a safety pin on it.
You will automatically get a brooch that you can wear on dresses, jackets, shirts, even backpacks. It’s a very simple craft, anyone can do with a little time, and everyone will like it.
Leave a Reply